Welcome to Graduation and Outcomes for Success for OSY (GOSOSY)
GOSOSY is a Consortium Incentive Grant funded by the Office of Migrant Education (OME) at the United States Department of Education (USDE) to build capacity in states with a growing secondary-aged migrant out-of-school youth population.
Keep up with GOSOSY news! Read the Fall Newsletter
The goal of Graduation and Outcomes for Success for Out-of-School Youth (GOSOSY) is to design, develop, and disseminate a system to identify and recruit, assess, and develop/deliver services to migrant out-of-school youth, provide professional development to support these activities, and institutionalize GOSOSY services into State plans to elevate the quantity and quality of services to this large, underserved population.
Access information about current trends in the US Dairy Industry and articles about issues that migrant families and youth are facing. Read more at the Ag Trends resource page and sign up for the OSY NING Site.
WHY TARGET OSY?
- fastest growing segment of the Migrant Education Program
- more than ever OSY are single instead of moving and living with families
- unique needs resulting from migrant lifestyle
- high risk of being pushed out and forgotten
- need advocates to motivate and assist with accessing needed services
- little to no access to federal or state resources
- lack of education and English skills affects economic and social status.